Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happenings of a great week!

Last weekend, I performed in the Ten Virgins for the Relief Society Birthday Party. It was a great experience, but a busy one at that. On Friday the 6th, I interviewed in Mitchell, Nebraska for the vocal music position (I'll get to the details of that later.) I finished that at about 3:30pm and we were off to Rapid City, SD for practice. I practiced from 7-11 and then Jake and I were off to the hotel... . (My parents were nice enough to watch Callie for the night, so Jake and I had a nice SHORT night in a hotel)

Saturday the 8th was the performance and it went very smoothly. I think I got more out of it that those around me did. The message was plain and simple, I need to be doing more to spiritually prepare myself for those things that truly matter the most.

Anyhow, back to the job. 20 minutes after I interviewed I was offered the job and Jake and I had to let them know by Monday the 9th at 12:00 pm. We prayed about it and felt like it was the right thing to do, so I accepted the job. We are excited for the future, but sad to leave Chadron as we truly enjoy everything about it here.

This leads me to next week. It was beautiful outside and we took Callie to the park for the first time. She LOVED it. However, I regretfully didn't take any pictures. It was also Jake's spring break and my first official parent teacher conferences. The first night I had two parents and the second night I probably had eight. I can honestly say it was a pleasant experience. All of the parents were very nice.

This weekend, we went to Bridgeport and enjoyed time with my family. It was nice to getaway, but always nice to get home. I guess that is the week in a nut shell. I will try to post pictures later in the week.

1 comment:

The Sorensens. said...

Hi Jake & Jess - glad you have a blog!! Its way better than facebook! haha...at least its funner i think. Callie is so big and soo cute! Are you guys coming for the reunion in JUNE!?