Tuesday, December 29, 2009

POTTY TRAINING and the toppings to butte.

Well my Christmas vacation has been bitter sweet, but as everyone always says, is going WAY to fast. I decided since I would be home I would consistently potty train Callie (see has been going for us in the morning and night, but hasn't been doing so well at daycare). Anyhow, she has been a superstar. She has had very few accidents and when she does, she has told me she had to go we just couldn't get her to the potty in time. With that said, I can't believe how grown up she is getting to be. She can communicate and says the cutest things. For example last night, she had a tummy ache and went a little number 2 in her pull-up. Jake said, "What did you do?" I went in to help her because she was having a hard time and when I went to put on a diaper she said "Daddy's mad at me; I poop in my diaper."
I am having a hard time remembering that she is not a baby anymore. I want to buy her too small of clothes and baby her, but she is a thriving independent two year old. I am so grateful to have her in our family!
Other than the potty training business, we have been busy picking Jake up from the airport, spending three days in Bridgeport, and surviving doctor appointments. Christmas was very special. I LOVE Christmas and LOVED watching my family members open their Christmas gifts. Callie was spoiled and received play food, a wooden table, books, wonder pet stuffed animals, movies, babies, clothes, a knitted sweater from Grandma Sharon, and a savings bond. Jake received waders, his 2010 hunting license and Cabela's gift cards. I was also spoiled and got a new travel crib, a beautiful purse, a new tote, jewelry, and clothes.
Despite how much I loved gift giving, I know that that was not the main part of Christmas, I am so grateful for a beautiful healthy family and all the joy they give me, and I look forward to what the new year brings.

No comments: