Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kidney Infection

So....I was feelin really good after I gave birth and was expecting to jump right back, BUT my body had other plans. You see, the Tuesday after I gave birth to Lilly, I started having really bad back pain. I thought I had pulled a muscle in my back and went the chiropractor Wednesday morning. I felt better for awhile, but then the pain intensified.

Meanwhile, Jake had to go to work, so I was at home by myself with Lilly and Callie. The pain got so bad that I couldn't even move, so I called my Dad (he was at the hospital with my sister. she was in labor). Because my sister was progressing slowly, he came over and helped with the girls. Eventually I was able to get around again and thought everything was going to be okay; I even went and visited my sister and ran a few errands. However, later that night the pain came right back. As a result, I wasn't sleeping. While all this was going on I became an aunt again and was so excited to go meet Chase. I was talking to my Mom on the phone at 3:30 am and couldn't stop shaking. My Mom asked what was wrong, and I thought I was just cold. Once again...I was WRONG.

At 7:00 am on Thursday morning I couldn't stop shaking and was in a lot of pain, so I had Jake take my to the ER. They admitted me to the hospital and I ended up staying 3 days. I was on five different antibiotics and on narcotics for the pain. It was really miserable, but I had a lot of people who helped out tremendously. Luckily, they let Lilly stay with me, but I had to have someone else with me at all times. Because Jake was working and my sister had just had her baby my parents were in between hospital rooms. The relief society sisters pitched in and so did Jake's sister. I can't thank them enough for what they helped do.

Despite the tough situation, we were blessed and grew closer together as a result.

No comments: