Thursday, April 1, 2010

They call this maternity leave.....

Well I must say that one of the greatest benefits of my job is paid maternity leave. I was able to stay at home with Lilly and gain much needed boding time. However, musical was also going on, so that meant spending Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday nights at practice. I did take Lilly with me, but unfortunately had to get a babysitter for Callie. (Thanks Katie) I think that was one of the hardest thing about my musical experience-I only got to see Callie maybe 2-3 hours a day. So, maybe you are thinking "what's so bad about that" Well I was also in charge of ticket sales. I spend may ours take reservations over my phone and getting the tickets ready for people to pick up. I also went back to school during the day probably 3 or 4 times and taught my JH/HS classes so the transition wouldn't be so hard (the was my own fault :))

I am not asking for pitty or sympathy, but more so writing this down, so the next time I have a baby and am on maternity leave will learn how to say NO. I am too much of a control freak and don't know how to let go of my responsibilities. Once again...EVERYTHING worked out.

I am now back at school (I started Monday, 3-29-10) and adjusting to being a working mom during the day, and literally a single mom at nights because Jake isn't home. I have a knew found appreciation for what my husband does do. Jake manages to watch Lilly in the morning, complete his homework, and work full time in the evenings. I hang onto the knowledge that this too shall pass :)

No comments: